Caudry
main square caudry after liberating with british troops and transport main square caudry today

The Grand Place looking away from the Hotel de Ville (above)

and the Hotel de Ville (below)

Caudry was occupied by the Germans on 27 August 1914.
The town was liberated on 10 October 1918
by the British 37 Division.


British lorries and personnel, probably
135 Coy ASC (37 DSC),
and an ambulance indicate the image
is of the immediate port-war period.

From the population of 20,000 in 1914,
only 2,500 remained to welcome their liberators.

caudry twon hall with british lorry and troops 1918 Caudry town hall today looks the same
Back to Index
CONTACT SITE MAP WANTED